Jill Levi has more than thirty years of experience in all aspects of commercial litigation, business disputes, aviation financing disputes and construction litigation. Jill also practices in the area of aircraft financing, related corporate and commercial transactions and creditor’s rights. Jill also heads up the firm’s matrimonial practice. Jill obtained her B.A. from Queens College of the City University of New York summa cum laude in 1979 where she was admitted to Phi Beta Kappa. Jill earned her law degree with distinction from Hofstra University where she was an associate editor of the Law Review. Jill graduated as number two in her class. Jill has been named a Super Lawyer in Commercial Business Litigation from 2013 to 2017.
Jill was admitted to the New York Bar in 1983 and began her practice in the litigation department of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP. Prior to founding Todd & Levi, LLP, Jill was a litigation partner at Feltman, Karesh, Major and Farbman.
Jill is admitted to practice in the New York State Courts, the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third and Fifth Circuits.
Jill represents some of the largest electrical material suppliers in the country, and has advised clients on all matters involving a wide range of disputes in the construction industry. Jill is experienced in counseling clients on the most practical way to protect their interests prior to and after the commencement of litigation. Jill has vast expertise in advising construction clients on their pre-litigation remedies, such as filing liens and bond claims and representing clients in all matters of litigation in state and federal courts.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditors' Rights
- Aircraft Finance and Leasing
- Matrimonial Law
- Employment Agreements
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Tax Court, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Law Review: Hofstra University School of Law Review, Associate Editor
- Queens College, New York, New York
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Phi Beta Kappa